Residence permits, EU registrations, citizenship

Choose your application:

First residence permit
When you do not have a residence permit and you plan to move to Finland.
EU registration
If you are an EU citizen or a family member of an EU citizen.
Extended residence permit
When your permit is expiring and you already are in Finland.
Finnish citizenship
If you meet the requirements for citizenship.

The e-service works as follows:

Create your own user account

You have to have your own e-mail address to be able to use the service. Someone else cannot use the service for you.

Use the e-service

We will also only be in contact with you via the e-service. If you are not accustomed to using a computer, please use a paper application.

Follow your user account

Make sure to remember the e-mail address you used, the password of your e-mail account, as well as your password for Enter Finland.

These applications cannot be submitted electronically:

Family ties
Schengen visa
Permanent residence permit
Remigration or Finnish origin
Other grounds

Apply for these permits at a Finnish embassy abroad or at a police station in Finland. More information:

www.migri.fi | www.poliisi.fi | www.formin.finland.fi

Five steps to complete your application

Create a user account
Select and fill your application
Attach documents
Pay and submit
Prove your identity

Learn about Finland and moving to Finland

Finland in your language.
Information about Finland.
If you are coming to Finland to work.
Public information service for Helsinki residents.

You are Legal representative or guardian for minor

If you are a lawyer representing the immigrant or guardian for minor person, you are able to follow the progress of your case in Enter Finland module for Legal Advisors. The functionality is available in www.enterfinland.fi/home/advisor