Always sign in to Enter Finland with the latest version of your web browser and please use one of the following browsers to sign in: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Safari.
The service is for the legal assistants and representatives of applicants. Asylum seekers can not use the service themselves.
You must personally sign in to the service by identifying at the Suomi.fi site with your bank ID, mobile certificate or certificate card.
You can start using the service by signing up into the Enter Finland for advisors and representatives and by sending a power of attorney through the service to Migri. Once the power of attorney has been accepted by Migri you will be allowed access to follow the processing of applications and to send information to Migri through the service.
- Send to the Finnish Immigration Service an power of attorney / district court order concerning representation
- Follow an applicant's application status
- Send additional information and documents directly to Migri
- You can request documents from Migri directly through the service
- You cannot lodge an application
- You cannot cancel an application
- You cannot receive an asylum decision through the service
- You cannot appeal through the service
You can activate the service at any point after the application has been lodged until the application has gained legal force. Once an application gains legal force the service will close in relation to that applicant.
Changes made in the UMA electronic case management system of the Finnish Immigration Service change the application status in Enter Finland.
If you have sent a power of attorney but the Finnish Immigration Service has not yet processed it, the status of the case is "waiting for approval of power of attorney."
If the power of attorney has been approved but the applicant has not yet been interviewed, the status shown in "waiting for interview". If the interview has been held but a decision is yet to be made, the status of the application is "waiting for decision".
Once the decision notification has been made to the applicant, the status of the case is,"decision notified to applicant". If a compaint is made concerning the decision of an application, the status changes to " complaint period".
Within other than asylum applications, there are only three different status, "waiting for processing" , "processing" and "decision made"
You can also follow the case events on your dashboard.
Changes made in the UMA electronic case management system of the Finnish Immigration Service change the application status in Enter Finland automatically and due to this
the status information may not be 100% reliable.
The applicant cannot have more than one legal advisor or representative simultaneously.
If the applicant acquires a new legal advisor or representative and the new person opens an Enter Finland account and also if an power of attorney is manually exported to the applicants case through the electronic case management system, this closes your contact with the customer in Enter Finland.
The service is primarily left open to the person for whom the service was first opened.
If there is a new advisor notification from a new advisor, the service will not be opened unless there is a written statement from the previous advisor where it is stated that this person is aware that their Enter Finland connection will be closed due to the new advisor. If a connection is closed for the first advisor and opened for the second assistant thr first advisor can still communicate with Migri on the client's behalf through other service channels.
If you have opened an connection to Enter Finland for an applicant that you no longer assist or represent, please notify the Finnish Immigration Service so that the connection can be closed.
In relation to technical problems, we ask you to contact the Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org
This online service is intended for legal counsels and representatives in matters concerning asylum, residence permits, refusal of entry, deportation and subsidiary protection as well as in matters concerning consideration and revocation of refugee status. Applicants themselves cannot use the online service.
This is how you can start using Enter Finland for Counsels and Representatives:
- create an account in Enter Finland
- identify yourself on the Suomi.fi website using your personal online banking credentials, your mobile certificate or your certificate card.
If you wish to gain access to a client’s case, please log in to the online service and submit through the service a power of attorney, a notification of acting as a counsel, or a district court’s order appointing you as a representative. After your notification of acting as a counsel or a representative has been processed, the Finnish Immigration Service will grant you access to your client’s case in the online service.
You can use this online service to
- follow the processing of your client’s application;
- supplement your client’s application by submitting additional documents;
- send the Finnish Immigration Service a notification of acting as a counsel or a district court’s order appointing a representative;
- request documents concerning your client’s matter directly to the online service.
You cannot use this online service to
- submit an asylum application or a residence permit application for a client;
- cancel an asylum application;
- be served with a decision; or
- appeal a decision.
You can start using the online service at any time after the application has been submitted. You can keep using it until the decision on the matter becomes final. When the decision becomes final, your access to your client’s case will be closed.
In the online service, you can check the current processing stage of you client’s application. Any actions and status changes in your client’s matter made in the electronic case management system of the Finnish Immigration Service (UMA) alter the processing stage of the case in the online service.
What do the different processing stages say about the status of an application?
- If the Finnish Immigration Service has not yet approved the power of attorney or the district court’s order appointing a representative that you have submitted, the processing stage of the case is shown as "Waiting for approval of notification of acting as a counsel or a representative".
- If the power of attorney or the district court’s order appointing a representative has been approved but the client has not yet had an asylum interview, the processing stage is shown as "Waiting for interview".
- If the asylum interview has been held but the matter has not yet been decided, the processing stage is shown as "Waiting for decision".
- If the decision has been served to the client, the processing stage is shown as "Decision informed".
- If the decision has been appealed, the processing stage is shown as "Complaint period".
Other than asylum matters only have three processing stages: "Waiting for processing", "In progress" and "Decision made".
Besides the processing stage of the case, you can also see a timeline of events in the matter.
The information in the online service is updated automatically from the electronic case management system of the Finnish Immigration Service. It is possible that the processing stage of a case is shown incorrectly in the online service. However, this is very exceptional.
- A client can only have one counsel at a time in one matter in the online service.
- If a second counsel wishes to gain access to a client's case, the new counsel must attach documentation on this when he or she submits the notification of acting as a counsel. This documentation must state the approval of the previous counsel to closing his or her access to the case. When the new counsel is granted access to the case, the previous counsel will automatically lose their access to the case.
- If the previous counsel still has the right to act on behalf of the client and to receive documents on the case, the previous counsel can still use other channels to contact the Finnish Immigration Service on behalf of the client.
Please note: When you submit the notification of acting as a counsel, do not attach any other documents besides the power of attorney. You can submit additional documents in your client's matter only after you have been granted access to the case.
If you are no longer acting as a counsel for a client, you should notify the Finnish Immigration Service of this so that your access to the client’s case can be closed.
If you have technical problems, you should contact the help desk of the online service by email at email@example.com.