Always sign in to Enter Finland with the latest version of your web browser and please use one of the following browsers to sign in: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Safari.
Technical difficulties in Enter Finland:
- The start page menu is not displayed properly on all mobile phones. If you cannot see the entire menu, rotate your mobile phone horizontally or use a computer.
- Problems with making payments if payment of processing fee gets interrupted before confirmation
- Due to technical problems, some customers cannot open requests for additional information at the moment
- There may be delays in partial decisions on residence permits for an employed person or on residence permits for seasonal work becoming visible in Enter Finland for Employers
- Payment information is not visible on Enter Finland for applications paid before 30 June 2023
- Problems with the attachments of the employer's certificates for seasonal work.
For more information and instructions, see the page Technical issues and service breaks in Enter Finland (migri.fi)
If you are applying for an extended permit or citizenship or renewing your residence permit card or residence card, it is possible that you do not need to visit a service point to prove your identity. For more information about when visiting a service point is not necessary, see the page Identification migri.fi/en/identification.
Extended permit for an employed person
This form is for you if you are applying for an extended fixed-term residence permit for an employed person. You are coming to Finland to work for a Finnish employer or other employer operating in Finland and you have a valid employment contract or you have accepted a binding job offer. A residence permit for an employed person is connected with labour market testing: when the availability of labour force is assessed, the employer must establish if there is available labour force in Finland or within the EU/EEA for the work in question within a reasonable time (section 73(1) of the Aliens Act).
Apply for an extended permit before your previous residence permit expires. You must have a valid passport.
Remember that your employer must supplement your application by filling in your terms of employment online in Enter Finland for employers after you have sent your application. Your employer can read more information on page Filling in the terms of employment (migri.fi).
When you apply for an extended permit, you may not need to visit a service point if you use strong identification in Enter Finland. You must use the same account as you previously used when you applied for a permit. Log in to Enter Finland using your Finnish online banking credentials, citizen certificate or mobile certificate. Read more at migri.fi/identification#account.
Fill in the application and choose your service point
Fill in the application form and add the required attachments. Choose a service point.
Add the retrieval code for your digital passport photo from the photo shop to your application.
- If you do not add a retrieval code or you add it after you have submitted the application, you must visit a service point to prove your identity and bring a passport photo with you.
Please note that the service points of the Finnish Immigration Service may be busy. You can book an appointment already before you submit your application. Use the appointment system of the Finnish Immigration Service.
Pay and submit the application
Applications are subject to a fee. You can pay the processing fee in Enter Finland with the most common credit cards or using Finnish online banking services.
- If you do not pay the processing fee in Enter Finland, you must visit a service point to prove your identity and pay the processing fee there.
Visit the selected authority to prove your identity
After you submit your application, Enter Finland will tell you what you need to do next. If required, visit a service point of the Finnish Immigration Service to prove your identity and present the original copies of the attachments you added to your application. Book an appointment in advance using the appointment system of the Finnish Immigration Service.
Remember to bring a passport photo to the service point, unless you already submitted a photograph retrieval code together with your application in Enter Finland. Passport photo instructions can be found on the website of the Finnish Police.
Follow the processing
You can follow the processing of your application in the e-service. If further information or documents are required for your application, we will send you a request through the e-service. You will receive a notification when a decision has been made and can be read online.