Registration of an EU citizen's right of residence in Finland
This form is for you if you are an EU citizen and wish to stay in Finland longer than three months. For registration purposes also citizens of Liechtenstein and Switzerland are treated as EU citizens.
With this form you can also request a certificate regarding your permanent right of residence.
Check that you have all the necessary attachments and information before you begin:
- a national proof of identity or passport
- in the case of paid employment, a confirmation of the employment relationship or a certificate of employment from the employer
- if you are self-employed, information on your self-employment
- from students, proof of being registered with a Finnish educational institution and having adequate health insurance cover
- from other than employees and self-employed persons, information on means of support is required.
Complete the application and select your service point
Complete the application form and attach all the required documents. Select your service point. You must prove your identity at a Migri service point in Finland within three months of submitting your application. Please take into account that the service points can be very busy. You can book an appointment already before submitting the application using Migri's appointment system.
Pay and submit your application
The processing for the registration of an EU citizen's right of residence is subject to a fee. A certificate of permanent residence is also subject to a fee. You can pay the processing fee with most credit cards, or use the online banking services provided by Finnish banks. You can also pay the processing fee at the Migri service point during your visit to prove your identity.
Visit the selected authority to identify yourself
Visit a Migri service point to prove your identity and to present the original versions of any attachments required for the application.
Follow the processing of your application
You can follow the processing of your case in the e-service. If further information or documents are required for your case, we will send you a request through the e-service. You will receive a notification when a decision has been made and can be read online.