Always sign in to Enter Finland with the latest version of your web browser and please use one of the following browsers to sign in: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Safari.
Extended permit for a trainee or for a transfer within a company
This residence permit application form is for you if you are applying for an exteded fixed-term residence permit for work or an internship which
- is based on an intergovernmental agreement (e.g. Working Holiday for citizens of Australia and New Zealand)
- is included in an exchange programme run by non-governmental organisations
- involves the transfer of a person with a university degree within the same company.
- you are studying the Finnish or Swedish language at a university abroad, or you are studying at a university abroad and the internship is in a field corresponding to your studies or qualifications.
Check that you have all the necessary attachments and information before you begin. You need to have at least
- copy of valid passport
- internship agreeement with employer
- other clarifications regarding internship
- clarification of income
Complete the application and select your service point
Complete the application form and attach all the required documents. Select your service point. You must prove your identity at a Migri service point in Finland. You will find more information at migri.fi/en/identification. Please take into account that the service points can be very busy. You can book an appointment already before submitting the application using Migri's appointment system.
Pay and submit your application
The processing of an application is subject to a fee. You can pay the processing fee with most credit cards, or use the online banking services provided by Finnish banks. You can also pay the processing fee at the Migri service point during your visit to prove your identity.
Visit the selected authority to identify yourself
Visit Migri to prove your identity and to present the original versions of any attachments required for the application. Remember to take a passport photo with you.
Follow the processing of your application
You can follow the processing of your application in the e-service. If further information or documents are required for your application, we will send you a request through the e-service. You will receive a notification when a decision has been made and can be read online.