Always sign in to Enter Finland with the latest version of your web browser and please use one of the following browsers to sign in: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Safari.
Technical difficulties in Enter Finland:
- The start page menu is not displayed properly on all mobile phones. If you cannot see the entire menu, rotate your mobile phone horizontally or use a computer.
- Problems with making payments if payment of processing fee gets interrupted before confirmation
- Due to technical problems, some customers cannot open requests for additional information at the moment
- There may be delays in partial decisions on residence permits for an employed person or on residence permits for seasonal work becoming visible in Enter Finland for Employers
- Payment information is not visible on Enter Finland for applications paid before 30 June 2023
For more information and instructions, see the page Technical issues and service breaks in Enter Finland (migri.fi)
If you are applying for an extended permit or citizenship or renewing your residence permit card or residence card, it is possible that you do not need to visit a service point to prove your identity. For more information about when visiting a service point is not necessary, see the page Identification migri.fi/en/identification.
Residence permit on the basis of other employment
This application form is for you if you
- will work in the service of a religious community
- are transferred internally to Finland within a company or group of companies to work as a specialist, manager or trainee employee, and you have the competence and education required of the job in question.
- will work professionally in the culture or arts
- have a degree from a Finnish educational institution
- You have carried out and completed research work in Finland and you have a job in Finland
- are a journalist whose employer or contractor has no office in Finland
- will arrive in Finland in order to install a machine or a device according to a delivery contract for no more than six months
- will come to Finland to do market research, prepare for a company’s establishment in Finland or perform other similar tasks and your employer or contractor has no office in Finland
- are a visiting instructor, teacher, lecturer or consultant.
- you work in an international organisation or in duties concerning official cooperation between states.
- your work is part of an intergovernmental agreement.
- you are coming to Finland to work as a specialist or in the middle or top management of a company.
Before you start filling in the application form, please check whether you can apply for the following residence permits:
- residence permit for an employed person
- residence permit for a special expert
- residence permit for a trainee
- residence permit for an athlete or a coach.
If you do not meet any of the above-mentioned requirements and you cannot apply for a residence permit using another application form, but you are coming to Finland for work, apply for a residence permit for an employed person.
Check that you have all the necessary attachments and information before you begin.
Fill in the application and choose your service point
Complete the application form and attach all the required documents. After you have submitted your application in Enter Finland, your employer must add your terms of employment and other required documents to your application using Enter Finland for Employers. Select your service point. The service point is where you prove your identity. You will find more information at migri.fi/en/identification. If you are applying for a permit abroad, visit a Finnish embassy or consulate. If you are applying in Finland, visit a Migri service point. Please take into account that the service points can be very busy. If you are in Finland, you can book an appointment before submitting an application in Migri's appointments system. If you are abroad, contact the embassy or consulate directly.
Pay and submit the application
The processing of an application is subject to a fee. You can pay the processing fee with most credit cards, or use the online banking services provided by Finnish banks. You can also pay the processing fee at the embassy or at the Migri service point during your visit to prove your identity.
Your employer can pay the processing fee on your behalf in Enter Finland for Employers.
Visit the selected authority to prove your identity
When you have submitted your application via the e-service, you must visit the service point you selected in order to prove your identity, to present the original copies of the attachments required for your application and to have your fingerprints taken. Remember to take a passport photo with you. Passport photo guidelines can be found on the website of the Finnish Police.
Follow the processing
You can follow the processing of your application in the e-service. If further information or documents are required for your application, we will send you a request primarily through the e-service. If necessary, the request will be sent to your employer. You will receive a notification when a decision has been made and can be read online.