Always sign in to Enter Finland with the latest version of your web browser and please use one of the following browsers to sign in: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Safari.
Residence permit on the basis of other employment
This application form is for you if you
- will work in the service of a registered association
- are transferred internally to Finland within a company or group of companies to work as a specialist, manager or trainee employee, and you have the competence and education required of the job in question.
- will work professionally in the arts
- have a degree from a Finnish educational institution
- are a journalist whose employer or contractor has no office in Finland
- will arrive in Finland in order to install a machine or a device according to a delivery contract for no more than six months
- will come to Finland to do market research, prepare for a company’s establishment in Finland or perform other similar tasks and your employer or contractor has no office in Finland.
Before you start filling in the application form, please check whether you can apply for the following residence permits:
- residence permit for an employed person
- residence permit for a special expert
- residence permit for a trainee
- residence permit for an athlete or a coach.
If you do not meet any of the above-mentioned requirements and you cannot apply for a residence permit using another application form, but you are coming to Finland for work, apply for a residence permit for an employed person.
Check that you have all the necessary attachments and information before you begin. You must have at least:
- a valid passport
- an employment agreement or a binding job offer
- other clarifications related to your work.
Complete the application and select your service point
Complete the application form and attach all the required documents. Select your service point. The service point is where you prove your identity. You will find more information at migri.fi/en/identification. If you are applying for a permit abroad, visit a Finnish embassy or consulate. If you are applying in Finland, visit a Migri service point. Please take into account that the service points can be very busy. If you are in Finland, you can book an appointment before submitting an application in Migri's appointments system. If you are abroad, contact the embassy or consulate directly.
Pay and submit your application
The processing of an application is subject to a fee. You can pay the processing fee with most credit cards, or use the online banking services provided by Finnish banks. You can also pay the processing fee at the embassy or at the Migri service point during your visit to prove your identity.
Visit the selected authority to identify yourself
When you have submitted your application via the e-service, you must visit the service point you selected in order to prove your identity, to present the original copies of the attachments required for your application and to have your fingerprints taken. Remember to take a passport photo with you. Passport photo guidelines can be found on the website of the Finnish Police.
Follow the processing of your application
It takes four months on average to process the application. You can follow the processing of your application in the e-service. If further information or documents are required for your application, we will send you a request primarily through the e-service. If necessary, the request will be sent to your employer. You will receive a notification when a decision has been made and can be read online.