The problem with signing in to the online service Enter Finland has been fixed. You can now sign in to the service with your online banking credentials again.
Sign in to Enter Finland with the latest version of your web browser. If you are still unable to sign in to the service, please use one of the following browsers to sign in: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Safari.
Renewal of residence permit card or residence card for a family member of an EU citizen
- You have a permanent residence permit or a permanent residence card and the validity of your card is about to expire
- You have a valid residence permit or a residence card and your card is lost or stolen
- You have a valid residence permit or a residence card and your card is so worn out that the information on it is unreadable
- You have a valid residence permit or a residence card and the personal data printed on your card has changed, for example after you have renewed your home country's passport
- You have a permanent residence permit sticker on your passport and the validity of your passport is about to expire
You can only renew your card in Finland.
Check that you have all the necessary attachments and information before you begin. You must have, at least, a valid travel document.
Complete the application and select your service point
Complete the application form and attach all the required documents. Select your service point. You must prove your identity at a Migri service point in Finland. You will find more information at migri.fi/en/identification. Please take into account that the service points can be very busy. You can book an appointment already before submitting the application using Migri's appointment system.
Pay and submit your application
The processing of an application is subject to a fee. You can pay the processing fee with most credit cards, or use the online banking services provided by Finnish banks. You can also pay the processing fee at the Migri service point during your visit to prove your identity.
Visit the selected authority to identify yourself
When you have submitted your application via the e-service, you must visit the service point you selected in order to prove your identity, to present the original copies of the attachments required for your application and to have your fingerprints taken. Remember to take a passport photo with you. Passport photo guidelines can be found on the website of the Finnish police.
Follow the processing of your application
You can follow the processing of your application in the e-service. If further information or documents are required for your application, we will send you a request through the e-service. You will receive a notification when a decision has been made and can be read online.