Always sign in to Enter Finland with the latest version of your web browser and please use one of the following browsers to sign in: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Safari.
Technical difficulties in Enter Finland:
- The start page menu is not displayed properly on all mobile phones. If you cannot see the entire menu, rotate your mobile phone horizontally or use a computer.
- Problems with making payments if payment of processing fee gets interrupted before confirmation
- Due to technical problems, some customers cannot open requests for additional information at the moment
- There may be delays in partial decisions on residence permits for an employed person or on residence permits for seasonal work becoming visible in Enter Finland for Employers
- Payment information is not visible on Enter Finland for applications paid before 30 June 2023
- Problems with the attachments of the employer's certificates for seasonal work.
For more information and instructions, see the page Technical issues and service breaks in Enter Finland (migri.fi)
If you are applying for an extended permit or citizenship or renewing your residence permit card or residence card, it is possible that you do not need to visit a service point to prove your identity. For more information about when visiting a service point is not necessary, see the page Identification migri.fi/en/identification.
Renewal of residence permit card or residence card for a family member of an EU citizen
- You have a permanent residence permit or a permanent residence card and the validity of your card is about to expire
- You have a valid residence permit or a residence card and your card is lost or stolen
- You have a valid residence permit or a residence card and your card is so worn out that the information on it is unreadable
- You have a valid residence permit or a residence card and the personal data printed on your card has changed, for example after you have renewed your home country's passport
- You have a permanent residence permit sticker on your passport and the validity of your passport is about to expire
You can only renew your residence permit card or residence card in Finland.
If you are a family member of an EU citizen and you are applying for your first residence card or a permanent residence card, choose the application Residence card of a family member of an EU citizen.
Before you begin, please check that you have all the necessary attachments and information at hand. You will need at least a valid travel document, such as a passport.
When you apply for a new residence permit card or residence card, you may not need to visit a service point if you use strong identification in Enter Finland. You must use the same account as you previously used when you applied for a permit. Log in to Enter Finland using your Finnish online banking credentials, citizen certificate or mobile certificate. Read more at migri.fi/identification#account.
Fill in the application and choose your service point
Fill in the application form and add the required attachments. Choose a service point.
Add the retrieval code for your digital passport photo from the photo shop to your application.
- If you do not add a retrieval code or you add it after you have submitted the application, you must visit a service point to prove your identity and bring a passport photo with you.
Pay and submit the application
Applications are subject to a fee. You can pay the processing fee in Enter Finland with the most common credit cards or using Finnish online banking services.
- If you do not pay the processing fee in Enter Finland, you must visit a service point to prove your identity and pay the processing fee there.
Visit the selected authority to identify yourself
After you submit your application, Enter Finland will tell you what you need to do next. If required, visit a service point of the Finnish Immigration Service to prove your identity and present the original copies of the attachments you added to your application. Book an appointment in advance using the appointment system of the Finnish Immigration Service.
- Remember to bring a passport photo to the service point, unless you already submitted a photograph retrieval code together with your application in Enter Finland. Passport photo instructions can be found on the website of the Finnish Police.
Follow the processing of your application
You can follow the processing of your application in the e-service. If further information or documents are required for your application, we will send you a request through the e-service. You will receive a notification when a decision has been made and can be read online.