Always sign in to Enter Finland with the latest version of your web browser and please use one of the following browsers to sign in: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Safari.
Residence permit for seasonal work
This application form is for you if you are applying for a residence permit for seasonal work in Finland for 3–9 months. Your work must be seasonal and in a certain field of work. If you are applying for a residence permit for a period longer than six months, your employer must establish if there is available labour force in Finland or within the EU/EEA for the work in question. If your work is not seasonal or the season lasts longer than nine months, you must apply for a residence permit for an employed person (TTOL).
A residence permit for seasonal work is always temporary. The permit is granted for a maximum of nine months within a 12 month period. If you are granted a residence permit for seasonal work, your family members may not apply for a residence permit in Finland on the basis of family ties.
Check that you have all the necessary attachments and information before you begin. You must have at least:
- Colour copies of the passport page containing personal data and of all passport pages that contain notes. Your passport must still be valid for three months after your residence permit for seasonal work has ended.
- a scanned copy of your employment contract
- appendix to seasonal work permit application (TY6_plus), filled in by the employer (from every employer if there are multiple)
- a copy of a medical certificate that you do not have salmonella, if your job includes restaurant work or packing, processing or handling food
If other attachments are required, this will be indicated in the application.
Complete the application and select your service point
Complete the application form and attach all the required documents. Select your service point. The service point is where you prove your identity. You will find more information at migri.fi/en/identification. Please take into account that the embassies can be very busy, please contact the embassy or consulate directly.
Pay and submit your application
The processing of an application is subject to a fee. You can pay the processing fee with most credit cards, or use the online banking services provided by Finnish banks. You can also pay the processing fee at the embassy during your visit to prove your identity.
Visit the selected authority to identify yourself
When you have submitted your application via the e-service, visit the embassy to prove your identity and to present the original versions of any attachments required for the application. Remember to take a passport photo with you. Passport photo guidelines can be found on the website of the Finnish police.
Follow the processing of your application
It takes three months on average to process the application. You can follow the processing of your application in the e-service.
If you will work for less than six months, the Finnish Immigration Service will directly process your application. If you will work for more than six months, the application is processed in two stages:
- The work permit unit of the Employment and Economic Development Office makes a partial decision on the application. The Employment and Economic Development Office will decide, among other things, whether you have sufficient means of support and whether you have the appropriate accommodation.
- When the partial decision has been made, the Finnish Immigration Service will process the application and make its decision. In some cases you may be heard before the decision is made, either in writing or at an interview.
If further information or documents are required for your application, we will send you a request primarily through the e-service. If necessary, the request will be sent to your employer. You will receive a notification when a decision has been made and can be read online.