Seasonal work

Seasonal work

Apply for a residence permit for seasonal work if you are coming to Finland from a country outside the European Union and your work is seasonal work in a certain field. Jobs in farm work, forestry, crop production or tourism are examples of seasonal work that requires a residence permit. On our website you can find a detailed list of seasonal jobs (only available in Finnish).


This service is not intended for the employers of seasonal workers. The seasonal worker must have a personal account and make the application themselves.


You can have a seasonal job in Finland for no longer than nine months during a period of twelve months. If your job is not seasonal work or if you come to Finland to work for more than nine months or if you live in a member state of the European Union, do not apply for a residence permit for seasonal work but apply for a residence permit for an employed person.



You can find more detailed information about residence permits for seasonal work on our website.

Select the correct application

Residence permit for seasonal work
You will work in Finland for 3 to 9 months.
Extended permit for seasonal work
Your residence permit for seasonal work is expiring and you want to extend it.
Seasonal work certificate
You do not need a visa to travel to Finland and you will work for up to 90 days.