Always sign in to Enter Finland with the latest version of your web browser and please use one of the following browsers to sign in: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Safari.
Technical difficulties in Enter Finland:
- The start page menu is not displayed properly on all mobile phones. If you cannot see the entire menu, rotate your mobile phone horizontally or use a computer.
- Problems with making payments if payment of processing fee gets interrupted before confirmation
- Due to technical problems, some customers cannot open requests for additional information at the moment
- There may be delays in partial decisions on residence permits for an employed person or on residence permits for seasonal work becoming visible in Enter Finland for Employers
- Payment information is not visible on Enter Finland for applications paid before 30 June 2023
For more information and instructions, see the page Technical issues and service breaks in Enter Finland (migri.fi)
If you are applying for an extended permit or citizenship or renewing your residence permit card or residence card, it is possible that you do not need to visit a service point to prove your identity. For more information about when visiting a service point is not necessary, see the page Identification migri.fi/en/identification.
Residence permit for a startup entrepreneur
You can apply for the start-up entrepreneur residence permit if you are a start-up entrepreneur who wants to open a start-up company in Finland, and your business plan and team fulfill the criteria for start-up entrepreneurship.
You cannot get a residence permit only because you own a company. Granting a residence permit requires that you work in the startup company and the work must be done in Finland. You must also have sufficient financial resources for living in Finland.
At the bottom of this page, you can choose to apply either for an Eligibility Statement from Business Finland or for a residence permit for a start-up entrepreneur, if you already have a positive Eligibility Statement.
Make sure you have all the necessary attachments and information before you begin. If necessary, have the attachments translated and legalized. The processing of your application may take longer if any attachments are missing from your application.
Apply for the Eligibility Statement
In order to apply for the Eligibility Statement, you need to answer a set of questions about your business idea, plans and the team. Applying for an Eligibility Statement is free of charge. One member of the team applies for the Eligibility Statement on behalf of the whole team. The application is on the next page.
Complete the residence permit application and select your service point
Each team member has to apply for the residence permit individually. Fill in the residence permit application form and add the necessary attachments. Attach to your application the Eligibility Statement that cannot be more than four months old when you submit the application. In addition, you will need to prove that you have sufficient financial resources for living in Finland.
Select your service point.
- If you are abroad, you must prove your identity at a Finnish mission (embassy or consulate).
- Contact a Finnish mission.
- If you want to fast-track the processing of your application, check the requirements for that.
- If you are in Finland, you must prove your identity at a service point of the Finnish Immigration Service.
Pay and submit the application
The processing of an application is subject to a fee. We recommend paying the processing fee with the most common credit cards or with Finnish online banking credentials before submitting the application. Your application can be fast-tracked only if you pay the processing fee before submitting the application. If you are not able to pay the processing fee online, you must pay it when you visit a Finnish mission or a service point of the Finnish Immigration Service to prove your identity. In this case, make sure to check the currency, amount and payment methods before your visit.
Visit the selected authority to identify yourself
After submitting your application, visit a Finnish mission (embassy or consulate) or a service point of the Finnish Immigration Service
- to prove your identity
- to present the originals of the documents that you attached to your application, and
- to have your fingerprints taken.
Follow the processing of your application
If any additional information is needed for your application, you will receive a request for it in Enter Finland. When a decision has been made, you will receive a notification that you can read the decision in Enter Finland.
Select correct application
Please answer the question below to find out whether fast-track processing is available for your residence permit application.