Updates about the corona situation: migri.fi/coronavirus.
Always sign in to Enter Finland with the latest version of your web browser and please use one of the following browsers to sign in: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Safari.
When you log in with online bank credentials and apply for an extended permit, you do not necessarily need to visit a service point to identify yourself. Read more about strong identification at migri.fi/en/identification.
Extended residence permit for working
For more information about extended permits, see the page migri.fi/en/extended-permit.
Extended permit application for an employed person (TTOL)
You are employed by a Finnish employer or an employer operating in Finland and apply for an extended residence permit.
Extended permit application for a specialist
Extended permit application for a seasonal worker
You are a seasonal worker within the field of agriculture or tourism and your employment will last for 3 to 9 months. Jobs in forestry, crop production or at festivals are examples of seasonal work that requires a residence permit.
If you are working in Finland with a certificate for seasonal work and want to apply for an extension to it, apply for a first residence permit for seasonal work.
Extended permit application for internship
If you have already stayed in Finland for 18 months as an intern or volunteer worker or for 12 months on a Working Holiday, you cannot get a new residence permit on the same grounds.
Extended permit application for a researcher
You are a researcher if you are conducting scientific research, studying for a Licentiate's degree or preparing a doctoral dissertation in Finland.
Extended permit application for au pair status
You want to continue your stay in Finland as an au pair.
If you have already worked as an au pair in Finland for 12 months, you cannot get a new residence permit as an au pair.
Extended permit application for an entrepreneur
Extended permit application for sports or coaching
Extended permit application to look for work or start a business
You have either studied and completed a degree in Finland or completed your research in Finland and you do not yet have a job.
The permit must be applied for within five years from the date when your residence permit for studies or research expired.
Extended permit application on the basis of other employment
Apply for an extended permit on these grounds, if
- you are employed by a religious community or non-profit association;
- you will work professionally in the field of culture or conduct scientific research;
- you have completed a degree in Finland and you have a job;
- you are transferred internally to Finland within a company or group of companies (ICT residence permit);
- You can apply for this permit only if you are already staying in Finland with an ICT residence permit. If you have stayed in Finland with an ICT residence permit for 3 years (specialists and managers) or for 1 year (interns), you cannot get a new residence permit on these grounds.
- you are a journalist;
- you are employed by an international organisation;
- you are coming to Finland to install a machine or device;
- If you have already stayed in Finland for 6 months with this permit, you cannot get a new residence permit on these grounds.
- you are preparing for a company’s establishment in Finland and supervising the fulfilment of orders.
- you are a visiting teacher, lecturer, instructor or consultant
- you work in the top or middle management of a company.