Updates about the corona situation: migri.fi/coronavirus.
Always sign in to Enter Finland with the latest version of your web browser and please use one of the following browsers to sign in: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Safari.
When you log in with online bank credentials and apply for an extended permit, you do not necessarily need to visit a service point to identify yourself. Read more about strong identification at migri.fi/en/identification.
Residence card of a family member of an EU citizen in Finland
This form is for you if you are a family member of an EU citizen, but you are not an EU citizen and you wish to stay in Finland longer than three months. Citizens of Liechtenstein and Switzerland are also regarded as EU citizens.
Family members of an EU citizen include:
- direct descendants who are under 21 years of age, or your dependants, and similar descendants of your spouse
- dependent relatives in the direct line of ascent, and similar relatives of your spouse.
For additional information, please visit the website of the Finnish Immigration Service.
Check that you have all the necessary attachments and information before you begin:
- a valid passport
- clarification of family ties form
- proof of marriage or a registered partnership
- the registration certificate of the EU citizen with whom you enter the country or whom you will follow
- information on family ties (children, dependent relatives)
- from cohabiting couples, proof of cohabitation, unless you have a child in joint custody
- from other family members, a document issued by an authority in their home country or country of departure showing that the other family members are dependants of the EU citizen or live in the same household with him or her, or information on a serious health reason owing to which it is vital that the EU citizen personally cares for the said other family member.
Fill in the application and choose your service point
Complete the application form and attach all the required documents. Select your service point. The service point is where you prove your identity. You will find more information at migri.fi/en/identification. Please take into account that the service points can be very busy. You can book an appointment already before submitting the application using Migri's appointment system.
Pay and submit the application
The processing of an application is subject to a fee. You can pay the processing fee with most credit cards, or use the online banking services provided by Finnish banks. You can also pay the processing fee at the Migri service point during your visit to prove your identity.
Visit the selected authority to prove your identity
Visit a Migri service point to prove your identity and to present the original versions of any attachments required for the application. Remember to take a passport photo with you.
Follow the processing of your application
You can follow the processing of your application in the e-service. If further information or documents are required for your application, we will send you a request through the e-service. You will receive a notification when a decision has been made and can be read online.