Always sign in to Enter Finland with the latest version of your web browser and please use one of the following browsers to sign in: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Safari.
Technical difficulties in Enter Finland:
- The start page menu is not displayed properly on all mobile phones. If you cannot see the entire menu, rotate your mobile phone horizontally or use a computer.
- Problems with making payments if payment of processing fee gets interrupted before confirmation
- Due to technical problems, some customers cannot open requests for additional information at the moment
- There may be delays in partial decisions on residence permits for an employed person or on residence permits for seasonal work becoming visible in Enter Finland for Employers
- Payment information is not visible on Enter Finland for applications paid before 30 June 2023
- Problems with the attachments of the employer's certificates for seasonal work.
For more information and instructions, see the page Technical issues and service breaks in Enter Finland (migri.fi)
If you are applying for an extended permit or citizenship or renewing your residence permit card or residence card, it is possible that you do not need to visit a service point to prove your identity. For more information about when visiting a service point is not necessary, see the page Identification migri.fi/en/identification.
Extended permit for seasonal work
This application form is for you if you are applying for an extended permit for seasonal work in Finland for a maximum 9 months. Your work must be seasonal and in a certain field of work. If you are applying for a residence permit for a period longer than six months, the Employment and Economic Development Office will first make a partial decision, after which the Finnish Immigration Service issues its decision. If your work is not seasonal or the season lasts longer than nine months or if you live in a member state of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland, you must apply for a residence permit for an employed person (TTOL).
Please note that you can apply for an extended permit for seasonal work only if you hold a valid residence permit for seasonal work and are applying for an extended permit in order to continue doing seasonal work in Finland immediately after your previous permit expires.
If you have some other residence permit than a residence permit for seasonal work (for instance, a residence permit for an employed person) and you wish to continue working in Finland, it is not possible to apply for an extended permit for seasonal work. Instead, you can apply, for instance, for a residence permit for an employed person.
If you have a certificate for seasonal work or a visa for seasonal work and you wish to continue doing seasonal work in Finland, do not apply for an extended permit but apply for a first residence permit for seasonal work.
A residence permit for seasonal work is always temporary. The permit is granted for a maximum of nine months within a 12 month period. When counting the maximum duration of the permit, all seasonal work permits granted to you during the period in question will be taken into account. Seasonal work permits are residence permit for seasonal work, certificate for seasonal work and visa for seasonal work. Family members of seasonal workers cannot be granted a residence permit on the basis of family ties.
Remember to apply for an extended permit before your previous residence permit expires.
Before you begin, please check that you have all the necessary attachments and information at hand:
- Copies of the passport page containing personal data and of all passport pages that contain markings (such as stamps or visas).
- appendix to seasonal work permit application (TY6_plus), filled in by the employer. When you apply for a permit in Enter Finland, you can give your employer permission to supplement your application in Enter Finland for Employers. Your employer needs to supplement your application with the following information: Information about terms of employment. If it is not possible to use Enter Finland, submit the supplement form TY6_plus, filled in and signed by your employer, together with your application.
- If you are employed by a temporary-work agency, the contract between the temporary-work agency and the user company must be attached to the application. The contract must contain information about the parties of the contract, the period of validity of the contract and the work duties in the work location.
When you apply for an extended permit, you may not need to visit a service point if you use strong identification in Enter Finland. You must use the same account as you previously used when you applied for a permit. Log in to Enter Finland using your Finnish online banking credentials, citizen certificate or mobile certificate. Read more at migri.fi/identification#account.
Fill in the application and choose your service point
Fill in the application form and add the required attachments. Choose a service point.
Add the retrieval code for your digital passport photo from the photo shop to your application.
- If you do not add a retrieval code or you add it after you have submitted the application, you must visit a service point to prove your identity and bring a passport photo with you.
Pay and submit the application
Applications are subject to a fee. You can pay the processing fee in Enter Finland with the most common credit cards or using Finnish online banking services.
- If you do not pay the processing fee in Enter Finland, you must visit a service point to prove your identity and pay the processing fee there.
Visit the selected authority to prove your identity
After you submit your application, Enter Finland will tell you what you need to do next. If required, visit a service point of the Finnish Immigration Service to prove your identity and present the original copies of the attachments you added to your application. Book an appointment in advance using the appointment system of the Finnish Immigration Service.
- Remember to bring a passport photo to the service point, unless you already submitted a photograph retrieval code together with your application in Enter Finland. Passport photo instructions can be found on the website of the Finnish Police.
Follow the processing
You can follow the processing of your application in the e-service.
If you will work for less than six months, the Finnish Immigration Service will directly process your application. If you will work for more than six months, the application is processed in two stages:
- The work permit unit of the Employment and Economic Development Office makes a partial decision on the application. The Employment and Economic Development Office will examine whether the requirements laid down in the Seasonal Workers Act and in the Aliens Act are met.
- When the partial decision has been made, the Finnish Immigration Service will process the application and make its decision. In some cases you may be heard before the decision is made, either in writing or at an interview.
If further information or documents are required for your application, we will send you a request primarily through the e-service. If necessary, the request will be sent to your employer. You will receive a notification when a decision has been made and can be read online.